Saturday, January 6, 2018

Early January 2018 book review....

Here's what I've been reading this week:

1)  The Coldest Winter:  America and Korean War.  The author dealt with Douglas MacArthur.  All I can say is what an ass...

2)  Strike One.  Police procedural mystery by a writer in my local writers group.  Technically flawless.  However, I didn't care if the main characters lived or died at the end.  I wish the amoral female assassin would have got her up and comings.  Felt like I was cheated for the all reading I did...

3)  The Battle of Minden, 1759 by Stuart Reid.  Did you know George Washington was responsible for the start of the Seven Years War according to this British author?  Aside from that, the book has been great reading.  I'm enjoying it so far...

4)  The Legend of Drizzt:  Volume One by R.A. Salvatore.  More adventures of Drizzt the Drow elf and his small party of adventurers taking on a city of mind flayers that get slain by his undead father, who's hunting for his son...

5)  Vicky Peterwald:  Survivor by Mike Shepherd.  More misadventures of her Imperial Highness Vicky Peterwald on a backward water planet over the mining of crystal...

No comments:

Post a Comment