Thursday, December 12, 2013

Late in Posting...

My apologies for not posting in awhile.  I've had family emergencies to deal with this past week.  They are now resolved (mostly).  Unfortunately, most of my free time has been spent in hospital waiting rooms.  I did get some reading done.  I started a book called The Lost Stars:  Perilous Shield by Jack Campbell.  It's a brand new military sci-fi book published this year.  I'll try finishing it this weekend and then posting a review.

Otherwise, I'll also do some painting on a 28mm 1870 Bavarian infantry brigade that needs more work.  This project will never end.  I'd like to have it done by February 2014 at the latest.

However, I've been buying presents for myself.

I've bought the following books:  Gone Native:  An NCO's Story by Alan Cornet and The Element of Surprise:  Navy Seals in Vietnam by Darryl Young.  I'll eventually get around to reading them and writing reviews.  I also purchased Fangs of the Lone Wolf.  It's a new book out on the Russian-Chechen wars 1994-2009.

I also purchased a large Warmachine mercenaries army.  That will be another painting project for 2014.

Gaming hasn't happened recently because of what transpired.  The weather has also canceled most of my plans (including this weekend).  I hope to get some 40K games in next week with friends.

That's it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment