Sunday, April 12, 2015

Mid April musings...

Things haven't worked out the way I thought they would.  I didn't get any gaming in this week.  I spent the time organizing my painting queue and actually sealing figures with gloss varnish.  I got the rest of my Warmachine Protectorate of Menoth figures finished and sealed today.  They are now drying.

The only thing I have left is the Covenant of Menoth Solo.  I'd like to get done with him tonight.  I also have 40 28mm Vikings to paint, also.  I started them earlier last month.  I moved over to the Warmachine stuff when I got to a breaking point with the 28mm Viking.  There are 40 more 28mm Vikings to paint along with 40 28mm Viking archers.  I have enough Vikings to do Stamford Bridge.  It's one of those things you think won't take long.  But then things mushroom.  And you have more figures than you intended...

I spent my resources getting a Privateer Press Battlfoam Tourney bag this month for my 30mm Menoth Army.  I'm planning on getting a second bag for my mercenaries in May 2014, too.  I'll then get the remaining 28mm Vikings I need in June 2015.

The only things left are 18mm SYW Prussians and 18mm SYW Swedes.  I offered to buy Sapper Joe's 15mm War of the Triple Alliance figures.  He wants to hold on to them.  I'll probably get all my 18mm SYW armies finished before he gets started on his 15mm War of the Triple Alliance.  It looks bizarre enough to game.  I just don't want to go to the trouble of organizing an order for figures if someone else had everything for sale.  I'll be more productive and stick with 18mm SYW...

Reading wise, I started The Lost Fleet:  Beyond the Frontier:  Dreadnought by Jack Campbell.  I'm also halfway through The Viking Wars of Alfred the Great by Paul Hill.  I've also gone back and am attempting to learn reading ancient Egyptian.  I'll see how that progresses...

No comments:

Post a Comment