Thursday, June 9, 2016

Early June 2016 reading: part 2....

I'm getting into Proxima by Steven Baxter. 

The main characters have just settled in on Proxima c.  The UN staff dump them off and tell them to fed for themselves on the planet.  The idea of setting up penal colonies for our refuse sounds a lot like the settlement of America or Tasmania.  And these are the people have been paroled from a cryogenic deep freeze cell after serving their prison time.

One question that isn't directly answered are penal colonies a good idea in deep space?  I thought we be above our ancestors' prerogatives.  I guess we aren't .   The book is starting to get interesting...

 I'm also reading The Last Stand of Fox Company by Drury.  The night time attack by the Chinese Liberation Army is about to start.  I stopped reading there....

I also read Small Favor by Jim Butcher.  Harry Dresden is fun to read having a White Vampire for a brother.I haven't read too much fantasy recently.  It's mostly been Sci-Fi.  My brother is the opposite.  He reads mainly fantasy and doesn't touch sci-fi that often...

Blake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment