Friday, June 17, 2016

Mid June 2016 reading...

I continued with the three books I've been reading.

In no particular order, I read another 110 pages in the Dresden Files' Small Favor.  The protagonist dwelt with hobgoblin faeries.  He and another character killed hundreds of them by exposing them to light.  I'm now at page 262 out of some 500 pages...

On my NOOK, I read two more chapters on several Ebooks.

One is called Proxima by Stephen Baxter.  His main character, Yuri Eden, a convict from Mars, has been marooned with a group of colonists on Proxima c, which is a planet that obits a red dwarf.  However, they've discovered higher lifeforms on the planet who have so far ignored them.  I'm only on page 120 out of 490 pages...

The last ebook is The Last Stand of Fox Company by Drury.  It's about the 7th US Marine infantry regiment at the Chosin Reservoir during November 1950.  The Chinese Peoples' Liberation Army has just attacked the surrounding Marine detachments on a snow winter morning at 2 AM...

I hope to have the Jim Butcher book, Small Favor, completed in several weeks.  The Ebooks are a much slower go.  I'll have full reviews on the blogs as I complete them.

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment