Friday, September 7, 2012

My Unpainted 28mm FPW Figures

I have good news and bad news.  The good news is that I have now have all the 28mm Franco-Prussian figures I need for my armies.  My 28mm 1870 Bavarian infantry brigade came in the mail today from Wargames Foundry in the UK.  I have nothing except good things to say about Wargames Foundry.  Their turn around time is terrific.  Their customer service has been good when I've needed it.  And they lowered the prices on their figures.  So it was worth my while to order my remaining 1870 Germans from them.

I now have two entire 28mm 1870 divisions of French and German infantry.  This project should have been too expensive to have undertaken.  For what I spent on figures alone, I could have an entire GW 40K Imperial Guard Amored Company with flyers.  What I have for my troubles in 28mm 1870 French and Prussians. 

Here are photos of what I have left to paint:



 
                                         Unpainted 28mm 1870 Prussian Infantry Regiment 1


                                         Unpainted 28mm 1870 Prussian Infantry Regiment 2


                                          My unpainted 28mm French Armee d'Afrique and 1870 Bavarians

I should have the 28mm 1870 Prussian infantry done by the end of October 2012.  The rest of the figures should be done by the spring of 2013.  That is what I'm hoping barring any zombie epidemics in December!  If I hear about about surviving a zombie outbreak from a dear friend of mine, I'm going to lose my mind.  Anyway, I do have some unpainted lead, so I shouldn't depart this life anytime soon...


 
                                         


 

No comments:

Post a Comment