Sunday, February 10, 2013

Progress on my 28mm 1870 Prussian Infantry

I completed 1 battalion of 28mm 1870 Prussian infantry this weekend.  There are only five more battalions to finish!  If I get one done a weekend, I should be done by the end of March.  I also have 25mm European buildings to paint.  This is for a local gaming convention in June 2013.  I'll have to finish up the rest of the 28mm 1870 Bavarians, 1870 Turcos, and 1870 French Zouaves by August 2013.  I'll then run a large divisional game of Chassepot & Needlegun in October 2013.

I spent the evening typing up my future figure purchases and painting schedule.  I'm now of the opinion I list what I have to paint and I then cross it off when I complete it.  It keeps me honest.  I get things painted as I get around to them.  This 28mm Franco-Prussian project is taking longer than I anticipated.  But I'm devoting more of my free time to writing and editing.  Painting has taken a backstage to the weekends.  Now, I have committed myself to more projects.  Namely 15mm FOW Battlefront. 

Instead of planning my painting projects for the next two years, it's spread out to five years!  The 28mm FPW armies will get done this summer.  What remains of my 30mm WH40K armies will take the rest of 2013.  My 25mm Trojan War armies will be for 2014.   I have 15mm FOW British Paras and Waffen SS along with 28mm Vietnam for 2015.  Then to be followed by a massive 20mm 1914 Western Front project starting 2016.  I won't be able to start in time for the 100th anniversary of WWI.  But I'll eventually be able to play it using No-Man's-Land, my 20mm WWI house rules. 

I also have some 28mm Darkest Africa Masai and 25mm Korean Turtle ship to assemble and paint, too.  That will complete my colonial armies for a while.  I could lament the fact I'd like to get a 15mm SYW Prussian army.  But my friends don't want hear me moan about painting another 15mmm force...

No comments:

Post a Comment