Sunday, August 4, 2013

Gaming Posts, August 4, 2013

I played a game of WH40K this week with my friend Kevin Joyce.  He ran Black Templars.  I ran Khorne World Eaters in a 1500 point game Thursday afternoon at Game Nite in St. Louis, MO.  We both ran mechanized forces.  I had two Chaos Land Raiders and one Chaos Rhino.  Kevin had a Land Raider Crusader, Rhino, a Razorback, and a Space Marine Dreadnought.  We stood around each other and shot each other most of the game.  For 4 turns, I rolled hits on his dreadnought and rolled double "1's" on armor penetration!  My shooting at his Land Raider Crusader wasn't much better. 

We did get into hand to hand combat with one of my units of Khorne World Eater marines and his Black Templar close combat squad.  Again, Rev. Kev and I couldn't kill each other.  The combat went on for the entire game.  I finally lost by one model at the end of turn 6.  All I had left where a squad of Chaos marines and a pinned Land Raider with another squad of Chaos Marines and Kharne the Betrayer who never got out of his vehicle!  I also forgot to bring in my squad of Khorne Chaos Obliterator Marines, too at the end of the game.  So I gave into Rev. Kev and sent up another demo WH40K in two weeks.  So much for my newly mechanized Chaos army...

I also played a game of 28mm Darkest Africa/WWI with Don Cox on Friday afternoon.  I ran Belgian Force Publique.  He had German askaris and regular Marine troops.  Don took out my artillery and proceeded to nail my askari units.  I only had one whole unit of Belgian askaris left on the table by turn 3.  All the other units were retreating or broken by that time.  It was not a good day for the Force Publique in Tanzania...

I spent yesterday catching up on sleep.  I did little last night gaming-wise.  I did clean up the basement with my various painting projects.  I boxed up my Ravening models and put the Dark Vengeance figures away.  I got a bunch of Blood Angels to respray with gloss coat today.  I'd touched up the bases that had gotten beaten up since I don't have foam for the figures.  I also have my original 28mm FPW 1870 French Zouaves on my painting table needing to be finished with their base coats.  That is my project for this morning...

Later,
Blake 

No comments:

Post a Comment