Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WIP, Part II, 16OCT13

I spent yesterday evening and this morning drilling out the spear hands for 25mm Old Glory Greek Spearmen with tower shields.  It's tedious work.  I would have preferred having the figures with open hands for weapons.  But Old Glory is peculiar in that regard.  Most spearmen have hands that need to be drilled out. 

It gets to be a problem when you have hundreds of figures to work on.  It's also another reason I started working on basing my 25mm Old Glory Greeks and Trojan armies earlier this year.  By the time all the figures based, I'll be ready to start painting them.  I also have a dozen 25mm Old Glory chariots to assemble and base once all the spearmen are done.  The work never ends, so it seems...

I also made some progress on my 28mm 1870 Bavarian infantry brigade.  I got all the backpacks painted last night.  This is another project that is taking longer than I'd like.  The goal is to have the figures done by New Years Day.  We'll see if that becomes a reality.  Though I did make progress on my 30mm WM Menoth Warcasters.  The figures are about done.  All I need to do is finish the bases.  I'll take photos of them when they are finished.     

No comments:

Post a Comment