Wednesday, September 16, 2015

More moving and unpacking...

My roommate and I moved my computer desk and bookcases this afternoon to my parent's condo.  I spent the evening unpacking books and rearranging my downstairs office.  I set up my laptop and printer before organizing the books, CDs, and DVDs.  I also backed up files on my old computer and removed files from mom's desktop computer.  The only thing left is to put Norton 360 on my machine and hook it up to the local wifi server this weekend.  I'll then no longer use my mom's machine...

I didn't realize how many books I had until I unpacked everything.  I have over 9 bookshelves worth of books.  That doesn't include the nick-knacks from my vacations to Europe and South Africa.  Being anal retentive, I organized all my books by subject and then by author on my bookshelves.  I still have too many books.  They're heavy, lol. 

Most of my books are military history.  One small book shelf contains books on the Vietnam War and Indochina.  Another book shelf is Battery Press reprints of Victorian military campaigns and my collection of Wargames Illustrated.  One bookshelf has Ospreys, while another has all my house-rules in three ring binders.  Only one bookshelf is dedicated to speculative fiction and fantasy novels. 

If one looked at my private library, one would come away with the impression I mainly read military history.  Even that is an eclectic mix.  I have books on Iraq, Afghanistan, and Chechnya to the Franco-Prussian War, the World Wars, and Seven Years War, and different 19th century colonial military campaigns.  There are also books on ancient Egypt and feudal Japan.  That doesn't include my growing list of ebooks...

No comments:

Post a Comment