Saturday, September 26, 2015

Still reading The Unforgiven by Gav Thorpe

I read to page 213 today in Gav Thorpe's The Unforgiven.  I'd like to be at page 250 by the end of tomorrow evening.  And I want to be done with the book by the end of next weekend.  I'll see how far I get.  I'm still not far long enough to write a proper review.  The Unforgiven has been enjoyable.  But it's pure WH40K popcorn fare...

I started Beyond the Reach of Empire:  Wolseley's Failed Campaign to Save Gordon and Khartoum by Colonel Mike Snook.  This is a serious books for those interested in the 19th century Sudan campaign.  Unfortunately, I'm able to devote one day (Thursday) to reading it.  I didn't get far (about 30 pages). The book is over 500 pages long.

I'm revised my reading.  Monday and Tuesday are devoted to reading manuscripts from a local writing group.  Thursday is my nonfiction reading.  The weekends are devoted to reading fiction.  I'll see how this goes.  A disciplined approach to reading is the only way I'll catch up on my reading piles.  I'm probably looking at least 25 books (both hardcopies and ebooks).  I'd like to be able to done with everything in 18-20 months.  I'd go 24 months if I'm only reading 100 pages/per weekend of fiction.  It should probably be about 150 pages.

I spend too much time wasting time on television, anyway.  I'm try to just watch what I record on a DVR.  Or watch watch something live if I'm done with my reading for a particular afternoon.  That's what happened today...

Eventually, the reading pile will be under control and I won't have to worry about it.  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment