Saturday, December 26, 2015

Late December 2015 reading...

I'm working on The Battles of the Coronels and the Falklands, 1914 by Geoffrey Bennett.  It's a 2008 reprint of a book published in 1962.  I'm at page 101.  There are only 160 pages total.  I should have it done by the end of the week.  I'll do a full blog review when I'm done.

I also gave up reading Britain's Forgotten Wars:  19th Century Colonial Campaigns.  A friend loaned me the book and I don't have enough time to even do it justice.  I read Sri Lanka, 1804-1805; the Falklands, 1833; and the Maori Wars 1840s before stopping.  It's interesting.  Some of which I already read in Queen Victoria's Little Wars by Bryon Farwell.  I could spend the rest of my life reading about Victorian colonial campaigns, lol.

Another book I started this past week was Alien vs. Alien by Gini Koch.  She writes sci-fi parodies.  They're campy, fun, and over the top.  I'm only 100 pages in a book that about 486 pages long.  I don't know when I'll finish it up.  Hopefully by the middle of February 2016.  I'll have another review when I'm done with it...

Later,
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment