Sunday, May 8, 2016

Early May 2016 reading...

It's been hard finding time to read while taking care of my remaining parent full-time.  I have some downtime this afternoon, so  I'm updating the blog.

I started reading the Ebook,The Last Stand of Fox Company this past week.  Its about the 7th US Marine Corps Regiment at the Chosin Reservoir during the Korean War.  It looks interesting, but some grim reading.  I managed to get the first chapter done.

The second reading project is Proxima by Stephen Baxter.  It's about paroled criminals settling Proxima Centauri in the 22nd century.  I'm only 27 pages into a a 490 page novel.  It looks to be more believable and less over the top than the last book of his I read, Titan.

I also read a novella this morning in Analog Magazine.  It was about clashing tribes on a ruined world.  Very Mayan/Aztec like with New World Spaniards thrown in good measure.  Reminded me of the conquest of Mexico meets Star Wars.  It was about 40 pages longs.  Hopefully, this will be a more interesting magazine issue.

I'll have formal reviews of the novels when I'm done with them to post online....

Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment