Sunday, June 18, 2017

Another 28mm project: 50th anniversary of the Tet Offensive

I've completed two different 1:1 28mm Free World infantry platoons.  I finished the 28mm Vietnam era US Marine platoon this morning.  It needs to be sealed at this point.  My 1:1 28mm ARVN Ranger Mechanized Platoon is also done.  The only thing left for the 50th anniversary of the Tet Offensive is a 1:1 28mm Viet Cong "Local Force" infantry company.

The problem is there are a lot of figures to paint.  90 total.  That doesn't include the 28mm Vietnamese civilians, too.  There are too many figures to fit on my 5' x 6' table.  Ambush Valley handles about three squads per side before breaking down.  I  need to come up with a TS&TF variant to handle larger games...

My main impetus is to get everything finished for the 50th anniversary of the Tet Offensive.  If I can run a game at Command Con 2017 in November 2017, so much the better.  I also need 28mm Vietnamese buildings or grass huts in addition to painting the figures.  A rice paddy or two would help, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment