Saturday, February 28, 2015

Book Browsing for March 2015...

I finished Embers of War.  It was a long read.  I've started a new book called Chickenhawk by Robert Mason.  He's a Vietnam War era helicopter pilot.  Combat Colours (Steve Hood) recommended it to me.  I read 100 pages last night.  I'm at page 166/485 pages.  He warned me it would be a quick read.

That's good.  I need something that reads fast after soldiering on for two months with Embers of War.  I have one book on Vietnam called The Element of Surprise about the US Navy SEALs in the Mekong Delta.

Once I'm done with that book, I'm going to put my nonfiction up for a while and focus on science fiction/fantasy reading.  I've got the following lined up to read:

Half a King; War Dogs by Greg Bear; The Lost Fleet:  Beyond the Frontier - Dreadnought by Jack Campbell; Kill Team:  A Last Chancers Novel by Gav Thorpe; and Sung in Blood by Glen Cook.

Besides those novels, I'm also looking at several new releases.  One is Master of Sanctity by Gav Thorpe.  That's a Dark Angel's novel.  There's also Unbroken:  A Promise Baen Novel by Bauer and Andromeda's War by Dietz.  I'm leaning with the Bauer novel.  Dietz has a series of military sci-fi novels.  I just don't know how good they are.

If anyone has read something new they'd recommend, you always leave me a comment about your reading recommendations.

Thanks and good reading,
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment