Thursday, August 11, 2016

Mid-August 2016 reading....

Here's what I've finished and started so far this month:

1)  Working God's Mischief by Glenn Cook.  Finished the book Saturday.  Review has been posted on the blog.  I laughed out loud because of the author's writing.  It felt like Croaking from the Black Company novels in a medieval fantasy setting.  Fun read.

2)  Tour of the Merrimack:  The Myriad/Wolf Star by R. M. Meluch.  I started the Myriad last week.  I'll try reading when I can.  It's interesting.  American Terran Empire vs. Roman Empire in space vs. alien bugs named the Hive.

3)  Promixa by Stephen Baxter.  The main protagonists and their child discover other humans on Proxima c.  The novel is getting weird in some ways with alien wormhole technology, though.

4)  The Last Stand of Fox Company by Bob Drury.  I finished a chapter were Fox Company made it through the first 24 hours of battle.  Their siege by the Chinese Peoples Liberation Army lasted a week.  But the Americans were airdropped radios, batteries, ammo, and 82mm mortars during the day.

1 comment: