Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Early August 2016 reading....

Here is what I've read in the past week:

1)  Working God's Mischief by Glenn Cook.  Read about 250 pages over the weekend.  The main character, a Landskneckt wizard, is getting interesting with his patron, the Grail Empress.  The Empire is getting ready to launch a Crusade for the Holy Land.  Heckt has trouble keeping the old gods who are indentured to him in line. 

2)  Analog Magazine September 2016 issue:  I finished reading the latest issue on Sunday.  I'm not impressed by the remaining short stories.  I think I could do a better job writing them.

3)  Tour of the Merrimack:  The Myriad/Wolf Star by R. M. Meluch.  I started reading The Myriad while waiting for my mom at a local hospital on Monday.

4)  Proxima by Stephen Baxter.  Yuri Eden and his partner are raising their daughter on Proxima c.  The novel flashed back to Mercury where a UNI major opened a wormhole to another world.  Took a while for me to warm up to the novel. 

5)  The Last Stand of Fox Company by Drury.  Saga of the 7th US Marine Regiment's Fox Company at the Chosin Reservoir during the Korean War.  Fox Company is now surrounded by thousands of Red Chinese regulars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment