Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Late-August 2016 reading...

I wasted a good part of the week watching Olympic soccer.  I also watched Chelsea in the English Premier League, too (go Blues).  However, I did find time write, edit, and read.

Here is what I read:

1)  Andromeda's War by William Dietz.  After sitting on my ass watching television, I got around to reading the first chapter on Monday morning.  Looks like a good read.  Caught my interest.  It's about a Terran officer in the Legion of the Damned given a thankless job to bring in a native renegade.  I'd like to read the majority of it this weekend if possible.

2)  Tour of the Merrimack:  The Myriad/Wolf Star by R. M. Meluch.  Terran Empire run by Americans vs. the Palatine Roman Empire for control of the galaxy.  Have some critters called the Hive who want to munch everything to death getting in the way.  Fun so far.  Only at page 91 out of 690 pages.

3)  Proxima by Stephen Baxter.  Yuri Eden got older and wiser.  His group of survivors are headed to the equator of Proxima c in order to avoid the coming winters.  Interesting news that an Earthlike world was discovered in the Proxima Centauri star system this week.  It's called Proxima b....

4)  The Last Stand of Fox Company by Bob Drury.  More wounded US Marines fighting off Chinese PLA infantry attacks at Fox Hill in the Chosin Reservoir during the Korean War.  Aside from the battle scenes, its some of the most of depressing reading giving the stupidity of the American high command in Japan...

1 comment: