Thursday, July 12, 2012

More Progress on 28mm 1870 French Foreign Legion Infantry

I've gotten a regiment of 28mm 1870 French Foreign Legion infantry painted for Chassepot & Needlegun.  Historically, there was only one provisional regiment of French Foreign Legion infantry fighting during the Franco-Prussian War.  The other FFL infantry battalions were stationed in Algeria.  I have enough 28mm 1870 FFL for an entire infantry brigade.  And the FFL only fought during the Republican phase of the Franco-Prussian War.  I'm using my FFL infantry brigade with another brigade of 28mm Zouaves and Turcos for my Armee d'Afrique division.  I decided to buy 28mm French Turcos and Zouaves from Askari Miniatures and fill in my French infantry division. 

I also have a 28mm 1870 Prussian infantry brigade coming from Eureka Miniatures next week.  I will also have another 28mm 1870 Bavarian infantry brigade from Wargames Foundry in August 2012.  I don't know if I can get an infantry brigade painted in a month.  It's a noble goal.  Doable.  But it's a lot of painting.  The 28mm FFL infantry have been coming along.  I'm now to the point where I'll work on an infantry battalion an evening.  That puts me to finish with the entire brigade by Sunday evening.  I still have an entire 28mm 1870 French Cuirassier Regiment to paint, 28mm 1870 French artillery, 28mm 1870 French command, too.  How fast I can paint will determine when I can field my Prussian and French infantry brigades for a game of Chassepot & Needlegun.

No comments:

Post a Comment