Sunday, March 24, 2013

Another day of bad dice rolls

I games 28mm Samurai vs. Koreans Friday afternoon with my friend Don Cox.  I lost due to bad dice rolls.  Though my army morale rolls held.  I only had one unit left on the board while Don had half of his army.  I called it game at that point.  There was no point in continuing to play.  Alas, I don't have any photos from the game. 

I did get a little bit of painting accomplished this week.  It snowed today.  We have about 10" of snow on the ground right now.  Most of it will melt away in the coming days.  I want winter to end.  I have figures that need to sealed.  I've been waiting for the weather to get better before doing that. 

The only other thing on my radar is the upcoming SYW Convention in South Bend, IN in less than two weeks.  This is the only convention I get to go out of town this year.  All the other events I'm doing are local.  I pray we encounter no pot holes in Indy.  Once was enough.  That is why I'm not driving this year.  Having to pay for new rims was an experience enough.  I don't want to do that a second time. 

There are other things I'd like to accomplish this year.  Getting the 28mm FPW armies is my chief goal.  Working on other stuff following that is in my sights.  Sapper Joe, Combat Colors, and Hostile Contact are headed to Spring Recruits while Don and I are at the SYW Convention April 5-6, 2013.  Though it'll be interesting to see who shows up to the convention.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment