Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Making good on a promise...

I made a promise to myself last year to do something about the amount of figures I had in the basement.  I have lots of 28mm historical wargaming projects.  I also have WH40K and WHFB.  I want to keep my my 28mm historicals.  When I posted my open letter to GW, I had 2 WHFB armies and 4 WH40K armies.  I traded away my Warriors of Chaos for a Warmachine Protectorate of Menoth army.  I finished up painting my GW High Elves for use as a large 25mm Warlord army.  I also bought fantasy vikings to fill out my other fantasy race.

I looked at my WH40K stuff.  I own Dark Angels Ravenwing, Dark Angels Deathwing, Blood Angels, Khorne World Eaters Chaos Space Marines and Khorne demons, and traitor guard.  I'm about done with my Blood Angels.  I'm also done with my Chaos Space Marines and demons.  I'd like to add on another Baneblade and Land Raider to my DA Deathwing terminators (along with a command squad of terminators).

The Traitor Guard I hardly play.  It's all infantry with a few vehicles.  I also have all the Ravenwing bikes I need to finish up.  The only army in Battlefoam is the Blood Angels.  I could spend another $800.00 just in foam and cases on my Chaos and DA Deathwing terminators.  That isn't including any new models...

So I made the decision to liquidate the Traitor Guard and Ravenwing bike army.  I'll still have three armies.  All three of them I could use an apocalypse game.  It's just the Traitor Guard and the Ravenwing are going into a local comic book auction at the end of March.  Whatever I get for the figures will go to buy a Baneblade, Land Raider, and whatever Privateer Press Mercenaries stuff I can afford to buy.

That doesn't even put a dent in the $800.00 I'll need to buy in Battlefoam to complete my WH40K forces.  Or the Battlefoam I'll eventually need for my Warhmachine Menoth/Mercs armies, either...

No comments:

Post a Comment