Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year 2014 Resolutions

Happy New Year 2014!  And the New Year brings some resolutions.  My painting has slacked off in the past year to focus on writing.  I want to get back and paint more.  I resolved to make Thursday evenings a painting night (besides a laundry night).  

Here is what is lined up on my painting queue for this year:

1)  Finishing off my 28mm Franco-Prussian War armies.  This project doesn't seem to get done.  No matter what I do.  I'm in the process of painting up a 28mm 1870 Bavarian infantry brigade.  That's the bad part.  The good part is once I'm done with that, I'll be able to move onto the rest of the 1870 French Turco regiment, 28mm 1870 dismounted Chassuers, and 28mm French/Prussian/Bavarian artillery.  This project might get done by Memorial Day 2014 if I'm lucky.  I should have my sanity checked for undergoing said projects in the future.

2)  Finishing up WH40K:  There's an entire WH40K Ravenwing army to complete, along with assembling/painting a Blood Angel Stormraven.  I haven't done that much gaming.  What I've done has been some WH40K.  I'm not happy with the direction GW has taken the rule system.  But I'm still playing.

However, I wonder for how long before GW totally wrecks WH40K in the name of stockholders.  I'm to the point I'd like another Baneblade tank for my Deathwing along with another Land Raider.  But the GW prices have kept me away from buying any new Citadel product.  I'm wanting to complete GW armies and then get Battlefoam for my forces.  That's another expensive proposition...

3)  Warmachine:  Menoth Protectorate and Steelhead Company Mercs.  I'm wanting to transition over from WH40K to Warmachine.  I traded a WHFB Warriors of Chaos army for a Menoth Protectorate army.  I also bought about 50 points of Mercs this past Xmas.  Assembling, painting, and playing with those armies are on my list for later in the year.

There's a strong Warmachine group here in St. Louis, MO.  I should be able to game it every Wednesday (weather permitting).  That's is what on my plate for 2014...

No comments:

Post a Comment