Thursday, June 21, 2012

Running Games at Die Con

I've spent a good amount of time prepping several games for Die Con 12, a local gaming convention here in St. Louis, MO June 22-24, 2012 at the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville, IL.  I've put on games for the past five years since I came back to St. Louis, MO.  I mainly have run 28mm British Colonial Games. 

This year has me running thing three different games.  One is a WH40K game.  Another is a 15mm SYW game.  And the third game is 28mm English Civil War.

The first game is a simple 40K game featuring two of my 40K armies.  I invented a scenario for it using Dark Angel Deathwing Terminators vs. a detachment of Traitor Guard.  I've got enough stuff to haul to Die Con.  So I made sure it was a small game.  As far as I know, I'm the only one running a demo WH40K game this weekend.  There is a 40K Tournament.  But I'm normally running games on Saturday, so I don't get a chance to play in the Die Con Grand Tournament.  This is no exception.

The second game is a Friday evening game between a 15mm SYW Austrian army of observation and an allied army of British, Hessians, and Hanoverian forces.  They never fought during the Seven Years War.  But it makes for a good scenario.  It is a meeting engagement between the two armies.

The third game is Saturday afternoon.  It is a 28mm English Civil War Battle of Edgehill using Warhammer ECW.  I've got armies for both sides.

So the only slots I have to game are Saturday morning and Saturday evening.  I'm going to be spending Sunday cooking ribs for my family.  I've looked through the gaming schedule.  And I'm undecided.  I could get in an airwar game or maybe Battle Tech.  I'd like to play Battle Tech.  But I've never played a game.  I don't know how convention friendly the system is.  There is also a Command Decision game I could get into if I decide to stay the evening and play.  I'll be a zombie by Saturday evening.  But I'd like to play in a WWII microarmor game.  I'll see how I feel Saturday and make a decision about what I want to do then.  Though I promise to take some photos and upload them maybe Sunday evening or Monday afternoon when I get a chance to check my email this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment