Saturday, August 25, 2012

Viva Sedan - September 1, 1870!

I won't be able to have my 28mm FPW armies completed in time for the anniversary of Sedan on September 1st.  However, I think I should mention it.  It was the worst disaster of French arms until 1940.  And it should have ended the Franco-Prussian War.  The conflict dragged on for another 5 months until the Siege of Paris and the fall of capital.

Even though the City of Lights fell, the Germans still had a saying, "Living like God in Paris."  I feel akin to Emperor Louis Napoleon being drug away in chains to captivity in Berlin.  My battle plans ever quite work out in my games.  I'm best the GM and not the player.  I have been forced to assume the mantle of a player when I've ran my last few games with Don Cox. 

However, I didn't have that problem with Joe Collin's 15mm French and Indian War game.  More on that in the next installment of my blog...   

No comments:

Post a Comment